1. Holy Qurbana
5:30 am: Holy Qurbana in Malayalam.
7:30 am: Holy Qurbana in Malayalam. Please note, there will be no 8:30 am or 10:30 am Holy Qurbana.
Tuesday through Thursday: Holy Qurbana at 8:30 am. (Morning Sapra and rosary prior to the Holy Qurbana)
Thursday: 1-Hour Eucharistic adoration, 9:15 am - 10:15 am.
Friday: Holy Qurbana at 7:15 am.
Saturday: Holy Qurbana at 7:30 am.
Note: Those attending Holy Qurbana are requested to follow CDC guidelines to protect yourselves and others. Please note that the Holy Qurbana Offering Book kept in the church narthex should be used only for writing Holy Qurbana intentions. Please clearly state the intention along with the contact person's name, phone number and what date it is to be offered. Please contact achan for any questions or concerns.
2. July 2023 Highlights
- Silvy Cham has served as the CCD Principal for 9 years (3 terms). We extend our heartfelt appreciation for his dedicated service to our community. Silvy will continue to be a part of our CCD team. We are pleased to announce our new team.
- Principal - Sr. Maria Thengmthottam
- Assistant Principal - Joel Kuzhippillil
- Office Secretary - George Varghese
- High School Coordinator - Jomol George
- Middle School Coordinator - Shanty Jojo
- Elementary School Coordinator - Sherly Shaji
- Please take a note of the revised Holy Qurbana times for this week on Friday, Saturday & Sunday. Please remember to pray for the success of IPTF. We are honored to serve as the host parish for this year's IPTF. Let us all embrace a welcoming spirit towards all our guests. If you haven't already registered as a volunteer to assist with IPTF, please kindly consider doing so. Your participation would be greatly appreciated.
- We extend our heartfelt gratitude to all those who generously contributed their time, talent and money for the success of the St. Thomas Thirunnal. We had 187 families as Presudhanthis for the Thirunnal. Your contributions were truly invaluable and we appreciate your support.
- VBS 2023 is scheduled from Monday, July 24th through Thursday, July 27th. VBS is intended for children from Pre-K through 8th grade. The registration fee is $60 per child, please register in the church narthex. Contact Jeevan James (972) 375-8763 and Silvy Cham (201) 679-1585 with any questions.
- Bible Reading Plan: Two minutes a day with the Gospel will change your life, says Pope Francis. Why? Because you will encounter Jesus. You are encountering the word. Please click the link to read the entire Bible in 100 days/ to read it in 180 days / or to read it in 300 days.
3. Inter-Parish Talent Fest (IPTF) July 14th - 16th
- IPTF 2023 Website is now LIVE! See IPTF2023.org for further details.
- Please see link for the Rules for IPTF 2023.
- Also, please see the website for an updated Schedule.
- IPTF 2023 Regional and Talent Scan Updates: Please click the link to view details.
- Thank you to all the volunteers who signed up to help out for the 3 days. Further details to follow on the WhatsApp group chats. We have volunteers who have signed up for the following teams:
- Registration Check-in & Information Desk
- Backstage & Stage coordinators team
- Event Schedule coordination team
- Prize Distribution team
- Crisis Management team
- MC / Announcement team
4. Marriage Prep Course
- The Family Apostolate in Chicago has decided to do the Marriage Preparation Course (Pre-Cana) in person in 2023. Young adults planning to get married, please register for this course. Our St. Thomas parish is hosting the Pre-Cana in August.
- Date: August 25 - 27th
- Place: Mt. Lebanon Retreat and Conference Center
- Address: 1701 Texas Plume Rd, Cedar Hill, Texas 75104
- Applicants, please contact:
5. Safe Environment
Children living with Disabilities and Risk for Child Maltreatment and Victimization. Please click the link to read this week's article.
6. Additional Church related information
Mathru Jyothis, Senior Ministry, Prayer Ministry, etc. Please click the link to view additional church information.
God Bless You
Fr. James Nirappel
Church Main Office (972) 240-1100
Jimmy Mathew (972) 951-7304
Charly Angadicheril (817) 296-8255
Tomy Joseph (469) 951-6639
Jeevan James (972) 375-8763
Parish Council Secretary & Asst. Secretary:
Molly Varghese (214) 912-7663
Janet Josey (Asst. Secretary) (551) 482-5529
Jose Paul (972) 589-0434
Fr. James Nirappel (443) 414-2250