1. Holy Qurbana
8:30 am: Holy Qurbana in Malayalam
Tuesday through Thursday: Holy Qurbana at 8:30 am.
Friday: Eucharistic adoration from 6:00 pm to 7:00 pm, followed by St. Jude's Novena and Holy Qurbana. Confessions from 6:05 pm - 6:40 pm.
Saturday: Holy Qurbana at 8:30 am, followed by the Novena to Our Lady of Perpetual Help, Eucharistic adoration and a talk led by Bro. Sam Varghese till 10:30 am.
Note - Holy Qurbana Intention Request: If you would like to offer Holy Qurbana, there is a Holy Qurbana intention slip kept in the church narthex. Please complete it and submit it to James achan.
2. October 2023 Updates
- The Month of October is traditionally considered as the month of the Holy Rosary and the first Sunday of October is designated as Respect Life Sunday. Let us dedicate and reflect on this month by praying the rosary in our families and in our community for the sanctity of human life.
- October 20th - 29th: We will be reciting the Holy Rosary for 10 days from October 20th - 29th. Please plan to attend.
- October 22nd: We will be celebrating World Mission Sunday on October 22nd this year. There will be only one Holy Qurbana on Sunday at 8:30 am and there will also be a second collection. We will have an auction after the Holy Qurbana, so please remember to bring in your contributions and auction items. Let us offer our prayers and support for missionaries around the world. Following the Holy Qurbana, CCD students will be doing a Mission Awareness program in celebration of World Mission Sunday. Please plan to attend.
- October 28th - Bishop Mar Joy Alappatt will be inaugurating the Frisco Syro Malabar Mission at St. Francis of Assisi Catholic Church on Saturday, October 28th.
- 2024 -2025 New Parish Council: It is time to form a new Parish Council for 2024-25. The nomination form is available in the trustees' office. Those who are interested, please collect the form and submit it to James achan by 6:00 pm on October 31st. South Garland, Sunnyvale and Murphy (including Murphy, Wylie and Sachse) wards will have 2 representatives (one male and one female) from each ward. The other wards such as North & South Mesquite, North Garland (including North Garland and Richardson), Rowlett, Plano (including Frisco) and Arlington will have one representative from each ward.
- For individuals seeking registered marriage, either here or in India for visa purposes, it is necessary to obtain prior approval from the Bishop of the diocese as per the Bishop's Synod directive. Please contact your vicar.
3. Upcoming events
- Saturday, November 11th: There will be a teacher's training program from 9:30 am to 4:30 pm.
- Marriage Prep Courses: Fr. John Melepuram, Diocesan Family Apostolate Director - (215) 808-4052
- December 1st - 3rd in New York. For more details, please contact:
- Mr. Boban: (631) 553-6617
- Fr. Johnsty Thachara: (630) 202-2989
- December 15th - 17th in Houston. For more details, please contact:
- Mr. Tomy Arackal: (713) 398-0567
- Fr. Johnykutty Pulissery: (916) 803-5307
- Saturday, November 25th: The New Parishioners Gathering will be held on Saturday, November 25th at 5:00 pm. All members who have registered in 2023 are invited to join this gathering.
- Diocesan High School Youth Conference from December 26th - 29th in Houston.
4. IPSF 2024: Inter Parish Sports Festival
- IPSF 2024 in Houston: Cherian Churanadu and Biji Edward have been appointed as coordinators for IPSF.
- IPSF Registration: All those who are interested to register for church level completions, please click the IPSF Registration link.
- There is an IPSF sign-up sheet in the narthex for volunteering.
- We have an upcoming Food sale to raise funds for IPSF, please support.
5. Eucharistic Revival Updates
To view the monthly Newsletter and Zoom meeting link, please click here.
6. Safe Environment Updates
Positive experiences promote development and wellness among children and adolescents. Parents and professionals alike have long recognized youth participation in sports as a potentially positive experience, especially regarding physical, social and emotional development.
Please click the link to view the article: Keeping youth safe in sports
7. Additional Church related information
Mathru Jyothis, Senior Ministry, Adult Bible Study, Prayer Ministry, Church and Hall Bookings, Sacraments for home bound, etc. Please click the link to view additional church information.
God Bless You
Fr. James Nirappel
Church Main Office (972) 240-1100
Jimmy Mathew (972) 951-7304
Charly Angadicheril (817) 296-8255
Tomy Joseph (469) 951-6639
Jeevan James (972) 375-8763
Parish Council Secretary & Asst. Secretary:
Molly Varghese (214) 912-7663
Janet Josey (Asst. Secretary) (551) 482-5529
Jose Paul (972) 589-0434
Fr. James Nirappel (443) 414-2250