1. Holy Qurbana
8:30 am: Holy Qurbana in Malayalam (Rosary will be at 7:53 am along with morning prayers at 8:12 am)
10:30 am: Holy Qurbana in English.
Tuesday through Thursday: Holy Qurbana at 8:30 am.
Friday: Eucharistic Adoration from 6:00 pm to 6:45 pm, followed by the St. Jude Novena and Holy Qurbana.
Saturday: Holy Qurbana at 8:30 am, followed by the Novena to our Mother of Perpetual Help (Rosary will be at 7:53 am along with morning prayers at 8:14 am)
Note: Those attending Holy Qurbana are requested to follow CDC guidelines to protect yourselves and others. Please note that the Holy Qurbana Offering Book kept in the church narthex should be used only for writing Holy Qurbana intentions. Please clearly state the intention along with the contact person's name, phone number and what date it is to be offered. Please contact achan for any questions or concerns.
2. June 2023 Highlights
- Faith Formation is the heart of any Parish ministry. CCD Teachers play a decisive role in Jesus' command in Mark 16:15 "Go throughout the whole world and preach the gospel to all people" by passing on the faith to the next generation. Our children will go to different places and share the faith they received. May our Lord bless all the teachers who have sacrificed their time to help our children. We need more teachers and volunteers for the CCD 2023-2024 academic year. Please prayerfully consider helping our children. Those who are interested, please contact James achan.
- St. Thomas Perunnal, schedule:
- We will have the St. Thomas feast novena after each Holy Qurbana starting from Friday, June 23rd through Sunday, July 2nd.
- Friday, June 30th, 6:00 pm - Kodiyettu, followed by Holy Qurbana, Ladeenju and the Adults Cultural program.
- Saturday, July 1st, 5:00 pm - Holy Qurbana in English, followed by Ladeenju and the Youth & Young Adults Cultural program.
- Sunday, July 2nd -
- Holy Qurbana at 8:30 am.
- Solemn Raza Qurbana at 4:00 pm followed by Ladeenju and a procession.
- Monday, July 3rd - Holy Qurbana at 8:30 am, followed by Office of the Dead and Kodiyarkkum.
- Since no sponsors have come forward to sponsor the thirunnal this year, it has been decided by the Parish Council members to collect at least $100/family to meet the thirunnal expenses. Please kindly support with your contribution.
- VBS 2023 is scheduled from Monday, July 24th until Thursday, July 27th. VBS is intended for children from Pre-K through 8th grade. The registration fee is $60 per child, please register in the church narthex. Contact Jeevan James (972) 375-8763 and Silvy Cham (201) 679-1585 with any questions.
- We have replaced 14 A/C units in our parish hall. Special thanks to all who have contributed towards the parish hall repairs and to all trustees for their help.
- Special thanks to Fr. Simmy Thomas for assisting our parish while James achan was in India. Fr. Simmy will be returning to Washington, D.C to resume his doctoral studies. Kindly keep him in your prayers.
- This year's Annual Parish Picnic Day is scheduled for Saturday, October 7th.
3. Inter-Parish Talent Fest (IPTF) July 14th - 16th
- IPTF 2023 Website is now LIVE! Please see IPTF2023.org for further details.
- IPTF 2023 Regional and Talent Scan Updates: Please click the link to view details.
4. Marriage Prep Course
- The Family Apostolate in Chicago has decided to do the Marriage Preparation Course (Pre-Cana) in person in 2023. Young adults planning to get married, please register for this course. Our St. Thomas parish is hosting the Pre-Cana in August.
- Date: August 25 - 27th
- Place: Mt. Lebanon Retreat and Conference Center
- Address: 1701 Texas Plume Rd, Cedar Hill, Texas 75104
- Applicants, please contact:
5. Safe Environment
Children living with Disabilities and Risk for Child Maltreatment and Victimization. Please click the link to read this week's article.
6. Additional Church related information
Mathru Jyothis, Senior Ministry, Prayer Ministry, etc. Please click the link to view additional church information.
God Bless You
Fr. James Nirappel
Church Main Office (972) 240-1100
Jimmy Mathew (972) 951-7304
Charly Angadicheril (817) 296-8255
Tomy Joseph (469) 951-6639
Jeevan James (972) 375-8763
Parish Council Secretary & Asst. Secretary:
Molly Varghese (214) 912-7663
Janet Josey (Asst. Secretary) (551) 482-5529
Jose Paul (972) 589-0434
Fr. James Nirappel (443) 414-2250