1. Holy Qurbana
Monday to Thursday: Holy Qurbana at 8:30 am.
Friday, March 24th: Holy Qurbana will be at 6:00 pm followed by the retreat.
Saturday, March 25th: Retreat starts at 9:00 am. Confessions will be from 12:00 pm to 2:00 pm.
Sunday, March 26th: Retreat starts with Holy Qurbana at 9:00 am. CCD will be at 10:30 am.
Note: Those attending Holy Qurbana are requested to follow CDC guidelines to protect yourselves and others. Please note that the Holy Qurbana Offering Book kept in the church Narthex should be used only for writing Holy Qurbana intentions. Please clearly state the intention along with the contact person's name, phone number and what date it is to be offered. Kindly contact achan for any questions or concerns.
2. March 2023 Highlights
- 50-day Lenten season - House Blessings during Lent and after Easter: All parishioners are encouraged to contact their ward reps, James achan or write in the parish office log book for house blessings. The sacraments of Holy Communion and Confession are available for those parishioners who would like to receive, but are unable to attend mass due to injury, illness or advanced age.
- The Lenten Retreat will be led by Fr. Mathew Asariparambil for all parishioners from March 24th - 26th.
- Friday, March 24th: Holy Qurbana at 6:00 pm, followed by the retreat.
- Saturday, March 25th: Retreat starts at 9:00 am. Confessions will be from 12:00 pm to 2:00 pm. There will be 7 priests, including James achan.
- Sunday, March 26th: Holy Qurbana at 9:00 am followed by the retreat. CCD will be at 10:30 am.
- We need sponsors for the food during the retreat, please plan to attend to get spiritually enriched this Lenten season. Please click the link to see the details, Lenten Retreat 2023
- 40 hours adoration starting from Thursday, March 30th at 3:00 am till Friday, March 31st at 7:00 pm: Following the adoration, there will be Holy Qurbana and Way of the Cross. A sign-up sheet is available in the church Narthex. All are encouraged to participate and make use of this opportunity, especially during the Lenten season. Please contact Mathew Thomas (Jose) at (214) 714-0833.
- Senior Parking in front of the church is reserved for those who have difficulty walking. There is an additional 5 parking spaces reserved by the parish hall.
- Parish Hall Booking: To avoid booking conflicts, parishioners are kindly requested to write in the church log book in the parish office with the following details: Name and phone number of the person who is booking along with the requested dates and times. Please confirm in advance with the trustees to make sure your request is approved.
- Holy Week: Those who are interested in sponsoring the Easter flowers, please contact the trustees.
- Oshana Nayar/Palm Sunday, April 2nd: Holy Qurbana will be at 8:30 am.
- Pesaha Vyazham/Holy Thursday: Holy Qurbana will be at 7:00 pm.
- Good Friday: 9:00 am silent adoration followed by the 10:00 am service and Way of the Cross.
- Holy Saturday: 8:30 am blessing of new water and fire service.
- Vigil Holy Qurbana will be at 6:00 pm (Please note there is only one Holy Qurbana).
- Easter Sunday: Holy Qurbana will be at 8:30 am.
- Dei Verbum 2023 Diocesan Final Bible Quiz will be held on Saturday, May 20th. Please click to view the guidelines for the final Online Bible Quiz.
- Solemn Holy Communion will be held on Saturday, May 13th which will be presided by Bishop Emeritus Jacob Angadiath. Parents, please mark your calendars.
- Upcoming In-Person Marriage Preparation Course: The Family Apostolate in Chicago has decided to do the Marriage Preparation Course (Pre-Cana) in person in 2023. Our parish is hosting a Marriage prep course in August. Please click the link to view the details: Marriage Prep Course
3. IPTF 2023 Regional and Talent Scan Updates
Our parish is set to host the regional level IPTF 2023 from July 14th - 16th. Regional level main coordinators are Charlie Angadicheril, Jeevan James and Janet Josey. Parish level Talent Scan coordinators are Sherly Shaji and Raju Kattady. Regional level IPTF 2023 Guidelines are available at IPTF Event Guidelines (also available at our church website under Media/links).
IPTF Talent Scan updates
Please see the list of Talent Scan coordinators and their contact information. Also, please click on The IPTF Talent Scan 2023 Schedule to view key dates. Kindly note that this schedule might change due to factors beyond our control. Each event coordinator will confirm the schedule directly to all the registered participants. Please click on the IPTF Talent Scan Guidelines for Talent Scan guidelines. The objective of the IPTF Talent Scan is to identify and coach the best talent, hence please note that the IPTF Talent Scan guidelines may be different from the IPTF Regional Guidelines.
If any youth and/or adults would like to help in coaching/conducting any of the events, please reach out to the respective Event Coordinators or Sherly Shaji/Raju Kattady. And in case of any questions or comments, please reach out to the IPTF coordinators.
4. Additional Church related information
Please click the link to view the additional information
God Bless You
Fr. James Nirappel
Church Main Office (972) 240-1100
Jimmy Mathew (972) 951-7304
Charly Angadicheril (817) 296-8255
Tomy Joseph (469) 951-6639
Jeevan James (972) 375-8763
Parish Council Secretary & Asst. Secretary:
Molly Varghese (214) 912-7663
Janet Josey (Asst. Secretary) (551) 482-5529
Jose Paul (972) 589-0434
Fr. James Nirappel (443) 414-2250