1. Holy Qurbana Schedule
8:30 am: Holy Qurbana in Malayalam
8:30 am: CCD
10:30 am: Holy Qurbana in English
Tuesday to Thursday: Holy Qurbana at 8:30 am
Friday: Adoration and St. Jude Novena at 6:00 pm, followed by Holy Qurbana at 7:00 pm
Saturday: Holy Qurbana at 8:30 am, followed by Novena to our Mother of Perpetual Help
Note: Those attending Holy Qurbana are requested to follow CDC guidelines to protect yourselves and others.
2. September Highlights
- Saturday, September 24th at 9:00 am: All young adults (ages 18 - 35) are invited to come help serve the Missionaries of Charity. The meeting will be at 2727 Harlandale Ave, Dallas, TX 75216. If you have any questions, please contact: Jeevan James (972) 375-8763, Leslie Thomas (214) 709-3664 or Jiben Gigi (214) 815-9903.
- St. Vincent De Paul Society: There will be a second collection on Sunday, September 25th to help with charity activities. We ask your generosity to continue assisting the less fortunate.
- Parish Council meeting on Sunday, September 25th at 12:00 pm.
- Priest Retreat from September 26th - 29th, so there will be no Holy Qurbana on these days.
- Those who forgot to bring contributions to help meet expenses for Bishop Mar Joy Alappat's installation and the retirement of Bishop Mar Jacob Angadiath have the opportunity to bring them next Sunday. Your contributions are greatly appreciated.
3. October Highlights
- 10 day Rosary from October 21st - 30th.
- CML Platinum Jubilee Celebration will be held at St. Alphonsa Church, Coppell on Saturday, October 22nd.
- We will celebrate Mission Sunday on Sunday, October 23rd.
4. 2023 Highlights
- Please mark your calendars as we will hold a high school and youth camp from March 10th - 13th, 2023 at 576 Sabine Creek Ranch, Royse City, TX 75189.
- Dei Verbum Diocesan Bible Quiz: Semi-Finals will be on Saturday, February 11th, 2023 and Finals on Saturday, May 20th, 2023.
- IPTF will be in July, 2023.
5. Society of St. Vincent De Paul Announcement
Sunday, September 25th is St. Vincent De Paul's feast day. We plan to celebrate this feast day at our church with prayers and a second collection after both Holy Qurbanas.
The SVDP feast day is one of the two fundraising opportunities for the society, the second is the annual Christmas raffle. Please contribute generously to support the needy. Parishioners who are not able to come on that day can donate via other options as detailed below.
SVDP members are meeting bi-weekly to process requests for financial assistance. So far this year, we have helped 93 families with a total of $74,700.00. This would not have been possible without the support of our parishioners.
To keep up with the increased requests from needy families all across Kerala, we need your help. Please make a donation to the society by using any of the options below:
- Drop your check during the second collection at the 8:30 am or 10:30 am Holy Qurbanas on Sunday, September 25th.
- Mail your checks payable to ‘St. Vincent De Paul society’ to our church address: St. Vincent De Paul Society, St. Thomas Catholic Church, 4922 Rosehill Road, Garland, TX 75043.
- Drop your check or cash in the St. Vincent De Paul society collection boxes located inside our church, in the parish hall or give your check or cash to any of the society members.
- To view the flyer, please click the link: St. Vincent De Paul Society.
Thanking you all in advance,
Members of the St. Vincent De Paul Society
6. House keeping updates
Please refrain from stapling or sticking any flyers on parish hall walls or glass doors. We expect your understanding in this matter.
7. The 3rd Diocesan Dei Verbum Competition (Bible Quiz)
For details, click the link Diocesan Dei Verbum Bible Quiz 2023
8. Inter Parish Talent Fest (IPTF) 2023
Our parish is set to host IPTF in July, 2023. The General Coordinator will be Charly Angadicheril along with the Assistant Coordinators, Jeevan James & Janet Josey.
9. The Sacrament of Marriage
Upcoming Marriage Preparation Course. It’s an ONLINE Program.
Dates: Friday, October 7th through Sunday, October 9th.
Young adults planning to get married, please register for the Marriage Preparation Course.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for the registration.
For more details, please contact:
Fr. Paul Chalissery (919) 749-7175
Mr. Jose Prakash (954) 540-7286
Those who are planning to get married need to contact achan at least 6 months before the marriage, especially if either party belongs to a non-Catholic Christian Community.
10. Safe Environment Weekly News: The Language of online grooming
The primary tool for online grooming is language. Research has been conducted into the language that is common among predators regardless of the environment. Some of that research has resulted in software development that seeks certain phrases and words to attempt to weed out predators from children's online content.
To access this week's article, please click the link below:
Language of online grooming
11. Diocesan Updates
The Episcopal Installation of Mar Joy Alappat will be on October 1st at 9:00 am as the second Bishop of the Chicago Syro Malabar Diocese along with the retirement of Mar Jacob Angadiath after 21 years of service. An email was sent to all parishioners regarding this.
Please contribute to this event with your generosity.
12. Mathru Jyothis
All mothers are welcome to help and support this ministry. To help with Mathru Jyothis activities, please contact:
Lisa Kochuparambil: (214) 336-4340
Sherly Shaji: (214) 287-2051
Enat Earnest: (469) 688-0201
Ancy Mathew: (972) 953-6369
13. Parish Hall Repair and Renovation Updates
As per the decisions made during the General Body meeting on July 24th, the following areas of work will be repaired and renovated:
- Parish Hall exterior and interior painting
- Roof leak repair
- Kitchen remodeling
- Restrooms repair (both upstairs and downstairs)
Work began on Monday, August 22nd. To help fund the cost of this project, each family is encouraged to give $500. Please write in the memo “Parish hall repair”. We need your prayers and financial support.
14. Adult Bible Study
Adult Bible study classes have resumed after a brief pause due to the COVID-19 pandemic. It is now being held every Sunday after the 10:30 am Holy Qurbana in the CCD classroom, which is led by Mr. Mathew (Mathew Sir). Everyone is encouraged to participate.
15. Seniors' Ministry
The Seniors' Ministry have resumed their activities. Anyone who is 55 years old and above are welcome to join this ministry.
A 3-day camping event has been scheduled for the group on October 14th - 16th.
Venue: Sheppard Air Force Base, Whitesboro, TX, near Lake Texoma.
16. Sacrament of Holy Communion and Confession for the home bound
The Sacrament of Holy Communion and Confession are available for those parishioners who would like to receive, but are unable to attend mass due to injury, illness or advanced age. Please put in a written request in the log book kept in the trustee's parish office.
17. House blessings, Baptism & Marriage Information
If you are interested in scheduling a Baptism, Marriage, House blessing or would like to get a certificate/letter, please put in a written request in the log book kept in the trustee's office. Please include the date, time of request, your address, and phone number.
18. Access to Church, Parish Hall, CCD rooms & Founder's building
To access/use the church, parish hall, CCD rooms or the Founder's building, please put in a written request in the log book kept in the trustee's office. Please include the date, time of request, your address, and phone number.
19. Include Registration Number to write checks to the church
Please include your church registration number in the check as part of the memo when you write checks to the church. The registration number for your family is available in the October 2021 statement that was sent to you. If you still do not know your registration number, please contact James achan or the trustees.
20. Church Bookings
For church bookings, non-parishioners will be able to book the church 12 months in advance of their event date based on availability. Parishioners on the other hand will be able to book any time prior to their event based on availability.
21. Address, Phone number, or Email Change
If your address has changed, please contact your ward Representatives/Secretary/Trustees/Parish Vicar via text message or email to change the address in the church database.
If your phone number/email or spouse's phone number/email changes, please provide the new contact information to update the church directory.
Emails: Vicar@syromalabarchurchdallas.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
22. Prayer Ministry
If you have a prayer request, please contact the prayer ministry leaders, Mary and Michael Kallarackal, at (201) 563-0727. Everyone is welcome to join the prayer ministry and also to be part of the intercessory prayer sessions. Please contact the prayer ministry leaders if you would like to join the ministry.
God Bless You
Fr. James Nirappel
Church Main Office (972) 240-1100
Jimmy Mathew (972) 951-7304
Charly Angadicheril (817) 296-8255
Tomy Joseph (469) 951-6639
Jeevan James (972) 375-8763
Parish Council Secretary & Asst. Secretary:
Molly Varghese (214) 912-7663
Janet Josey (Asst. Secretary) (551) 482-5529
Jose Paul (972) 589-0434
Fr. James Nirappel (443) 414-2250