1. Holy Qurbana
8:30 am: Holy Qurbana in Malayalam and CCD
10:30 am: Holy Qurbana in English
Tuesday to Thursday: Holy Qurbana at 8:30 am.
First Friday, March 3rd: We will have Eucharistic adoration from 10:00 am till 7:00 pm, followed by Holy Qurbana and the Way of the Cross.
Saturday: Holy Qurbana at 8:30 am followed by the Novena to our Mother of Perpetual Help
Note: Those attending Holy Qurbana are requested to follow CDC guidelines to protect yourselves and others. Please note that the Holy Qurbana Offering Book kept in the church narthex should be used only for writing Holy Qurbana intentions. Please clearly state the intention along with the contact person's name, phone number and what date it is to be offered. Please contact achan for any questions or concerns.
To register for CCD, please click on the following link: CCD Enrollment. This is also a great opportunity to celebrate your CCD child's birthday or any special occasion. There is a sign-up sheet in the parish hall for Donut sponsors. For a contribution of $200 for one Sunday, you can provide the kids with their favorite donuts. Thanks to all those who have already sponsored.
3. February 2023 Highlights
- 50-day Lenten season : During Lent, there will also be Holy Qurbana on Mondays at 8:30 am. As part of the Lenten journey, we will begin our preparation for the Eucharistic revival. An audio clip message will be sent to each ward's WhatsApp group. Parish contacts:
- Mathew Thomas (Jose) - (214) 714-0833
- Kurian Nellikunnel - (732) 618-2117
- Annie (Molly) Nellikunnel - (732) 618-2122
- House Blessings during Lent and after Easter: All parishioners are encouraged to contact their ward reps, James achan or write in the Parish office log book for house blessings. The Sacrament of Holy Communion and Confession are available for those parishioners who would like to receive, but are unable to attend mass due to injury, illness or advanced age.
- The Lenten Retreat will be led by Fr. Mathew Asariparambil for all parishioners from March 24th - 26th. Please plan to attend. Please click the link to see the details: Lenten Retreat 2023
- First Friday, March 3rd: We will have Eucharistic adoration from 10:00 am till 7:00 pm, followed by Holy Qurbana and the Way of the Cross.
- Parish Council Meeting will be held on Sunday, March 5th at 12:00 pm.
- General Body Meeting will be held on Sunday, March 12th at 12:00 pm. Please plan to attend. To effectively manage time during the meeting, any items to be discussed will need to be given in writing to James achan prior to March 10th.
- Families with small children are always welcome and encouraged to attend Holy Qurbana. During Holy Communion, parents with small children are to come first to receive Communion and the blessing. If your child is crying during Holy Qurbana, please take your child to the cry room, to the overflow chapel seating area or to the lobby. Please refrain from bringing food and drinks inside the church.
- 2023 Youth camp will be held from March 10th - 13th at 576 Sabine Creek Ranch, Royse City, TX 75189. This is for grades 9 and up. The registration price is currently $180. The last day for registration is February 28th and the last day for payment is March 5th. The youth have started a fundraising raffle to assist with the camping costs, please consider supporting them. For further questions, please contact Don Joseph.
4. Upcoming 2023 Events
- First Holy Communion will be held on Saturday, May 13th which will be presided by Bishop Emeritus Jacob Angadiath. Parents, please mark your calendars.
- Dei Verbum Diocesan Bible Quiz: The Finals for the Dei Verbum Diocesan Bible Quiz will be held on Saturday, May 20th.
5. IPTF 2023 Regional and Talent Scan Updates
Our parish is set to host the regional level IPTF 2023 from July 14th - 16th. Regional level main coordinators are Charlie Angadicheril, Jeevan James and Janet Josey. Parish level Talent Scan coordinators are Sherly Shaji and Raju Kattady. Regional level IPTF 2023 Guidelines are available at IPTF Event Guidelines (also available at our church website under Media/links).
IPTF Talent Scan updates
Please see the IPTF Weekly for weekly status updates and news.
Please see the list of Talent Scan coordinators and their contact information. Also, please click on The IPTF Talent Scan 2023 Schedule to view Key Dates. Kindly note that this schedule might change due to factors beyond our control. Each event coordinator will confirm the schedule directly to all the registered participants. Please click on the IPTF Talent Scan Guidelines for Talent Scan guidelines. The objective of the IPTF Talent Scan is to identify and coach the best talent, hence please note that the IPTF Talent Scan guidelines may be different from the IPTF Regional Guidelines.
If any youth and/or adults would like to help in coaching/conducting any of the events, please reach out to the respective Event Coordinators or Sherly Shaji/Raju Kattady. And in case of any questions or comments, please reach out to the IPTF coordinators.
6. Safe Environment Weekly News: Barriers minors face to disclosing child sexual abuse
As caring and safe adults learn more about how to effectively protect children from child sexual abuse, they often wonder how the abuse can go unnoticed or unrecognized. Child disclosures are a critical element of learning about abuse that has occurred when physical or medical evidence can be lacking, or when children do not show behavioral indicators of abuse. Please click the link to read the article: Barriers minors face
7. Housekeeping Updates
Please refrain from stapling or sticking any flyers on parish hall walls or glass doors. We expect your understanding in this matter.
8. Mathru Jyothis
All mothers are welcome to help and support this ministry. To help with Mathru Jyothis activities, please contact:
Lisa Kochuparambil: (214) 336-4340
Sherly Shaji: (214) 287-2051
Enat Earnest: (469) 688-0201
Ancy Mathew: (972) 953-6369
9. Parish Hall Repair and Renovation Updates
As per the decisions made during the General Body meeting on July 24, 2022, the following areas of work have been thus far repaired and renovated:
- Parish Hall exterior and interior painting
- Roof leak repair
- Kitchen remodeling
- Restrooms repair (both upstairs and downstairs)
To help cover the expenses related of this project, each family is encouraged to give $500. Please write in the memo “Parish hall repair”. We need your prayers and financial support.
10. Adult Bible Study:
Adult Bible Study classes are held every Sunday at 10:00 am in the CCD classroom which is led by Mr. Mathew (Mathew Sir). Everyone is encouraged to participate.
11. Senior's Ministry
The Seniors' Ministry have resumed their activities. Anyone who is 55 years old and above are welcome to join this ministry. Please contact James Thomas at (214) 991-7640, Jokutty (214) 507-9892, Elcy Philip (214) 418-3431 or Annamma Paul (214) 802-3386.
12. Sacrament of Holy Communion and Confession for the Home Bound
The Sacrament of Holy Communion and Confession are available for those parishioners who would like to receive, but are unable to attend mass due to injury, illness or advanced age. Please put in a written request in the log book kept in the trustee's parish office.
13. House blessings, Baptism & Marriage Information
If you are interested in scheduling a Baptism, Marriage, House blessing or would like to get a certificate/letter, please put in a written request in the log book kept in the trustee's office. Please include the date, time of request, your address, and phone number.
Marriage Preparation Course: Young adults planning to get married, please register for this course. You can email email@example.com for the registration details. Contacts are Fr. Paul Chalissery (919) 749-7175 and Mr. Jose Prakash (954) 540-7286. Couples who are planning to get married will need to contact achan at least 6 months prior to the wedding, especially if either party belongs to a non-Catholic Christian Community.
14. Access to Church, Parish Hall, CCD Rooms & Founder's Building
To access/use the Church, Parish Hall, CCD Rooms or the Founder's Building, please put in a written request in the log book kept in the trustee's office. Please include the date, time of request, your address, and phone number.
15. Include Registration Number to write checks to the church
Please include your church registration number in the check as part of the memo when you write checks to the church. The registration number for your family is available in the October 2021 statement that was sent to you. If you still do not know your registration number, please contact James achan or the trustees.
16. Church Bookings
For church bookings, non-parishioners will be able to book the church 12 months in advance of their event date based on availability. Parishioners on the other hand will be able to book any time prior to their event based on availability.
17. Address, Phone number or Email Change
If your address has changed, please contact your ward Representatives/Secretary/Trustees/Parish Vicar via text message or email to change the address in the church database. If your phone number/email or spouse's phone number/email changes, please provide the new contact information to update the church directory.
Emails: Vicar@syromalabarchurchdallas.org, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
18. Prayer Ministry
If you have a prayer request, please contact the prayer ministry leaders, Mary and Michael Kallarackal, at (201) 563-0727. Everyone is welcome to join the prayer ministry and also to be part of the intercessory prayer sessions. Please contact the prayer ministry leaders if you would like to join the ministry.
Please consider the church's monthly expenses of $25,500 when you make your monthly donations. The minimum suggested donation per family is $100/month and for those who have retired, the suggested donation is $50/month.
God Bless You
Fr. James Nirappel
Church Main Office (972) 240-1100
Jimmy Mathew (972) 951-7304
Charly Angadicheril (817) 296-8255
Tomy Joseph (469) 951-6639
Jeevan James (972) 375-8763
Parish Council Secretary & Asst. Secretary:
Molly Varghese (214) 912-7663
Janet Josey (Asst. Secretary) (551) 482-5529
Jose Paul (972) 589-0434
Fr. James Nirappel (443) 414-2250