1. Holy Qurbana
8:30 am: Holy Qurbana in Malayalam
8:30 am: CCD
10:30 am: Holy Qurbana in English
Tuesday to Thursday: Holy Qurbana at 8:30 am
Friday: Adoration and St. Jude Novena at 6:00 pm, followed by Holy Qurbana at 7:00 pm
Saturday: Holy Qurbana at 8:30 am, followed by Novena to our Mother of Perpetual Help
Note: Those attending Holy Qurbana are requested to follow CDC guidelines to protect yourselves and others.
2. October Highlights
- Mathru Jyothis Updates: We will be taking applications for the housing project till October 29th. Please reach out to the MJ officials.
- Grotto Flowers: Those who would like to sponsor flowers, please contact James achan.
- Parish Hall Repair: We received $55,427.00 from 114 families. Thank you for your generosity. All families are encouraged to give $500, which can be paid in installments.
- We will have our 10-day Rosary from October 21st - 30th, There will Holy Qurbana at 7 pm, followed by a rosary on weekdays. On weekends, Holy Qurbana will be at 8:30 am followed by a rosary. All families are encouraged to participate.
- The CML Platinum Jubilee Celebration will be held at St. Alphonsa Church, Coppell on Saturday, October 22nd at 9:00 am. Please contact Sr. Maria Thengumthottam (682) 242-8751 for details. Please also click the link to access the program: CML program
- We will celebrate World Mission Sunday on October 23rd. Please bring in your harvest and items for sale. Let us offer our prayers and support for missionaries around the world.
- Online Mission Quest Bible Quiz will be held on Sunday, October 30th at 6:00 pm IST, under the guidance of the Major Archiepiscopal Curia of the Syro Malabar Church.
3. November Highlights
New Parishioners Gathering: All parishioners who have joined our church from the years 2020 – 2022 are invited for a get together on Saturday, November 19th from 5:30 pm - 8:00 pm. Please mark your calendars and plan to attend. In order to get the proper head count, please RSVP to our Trustees, before Oct 30th.
4. December Highlights
The Parish level Diocesan online Dei Verbum Bible Quiz competition will be held on Saturday, December 4th. The topic: St. John's Gospel. All parishioners are encouraged to participate.
There will be a resident retreat for high school and youth from December 16th - 18th led by Fr. Kevin Mundackal.
Venue: Camp Copass - 8200 E. Mckinney St., Denton, TX 76208.
Parents, please encourage your youth to attend this retreat and get enriched spiritually. There will be a registration fee to meet the expenses for the retreat.
5. 2023 Highlights
- Please mark your calendars as we will hold a high school and youth camp from March 10th - 13th, 2023 at 576 Sabine Creek Ranch, Royse City, TX 75189.
- Lenten Retreat led by Fr. Mathew Asariparambil for all parishioners from March 24th - 26th. Please plan to attend and get enriched spiritually.
- Dei Verbum Diocesan Bible Quiz: Semi-Finals will be on Saturday, February 11th, 2023 and Finals on Saturday, May 20th, 2023.
- IPTF will be in July, 2023.
6. Safe Environment Weekly News Part one: Healing from Child Trauma - Guiding principles and framework from ACEs and HOPEs
The National Child Traumatic Stress Network (NCTSN) defines a traumatic event as a "frightening, dangerous or violent event that poses a threat to a child's life or bodily integrity," which also includes if the child witnesses an event that poses a threat to the life or physical security of a loved one since a child's understanding of safety depends on the safety of their caregivers.
Please click the link to access this week's article: Healing from Child Trauma
7. Major Archiepiscopal Mission Quest Bible Quiz
Greetings from the Department of Faith Formation!
Under the auspices of the Major Archiepiscopal Curia of the Syro Malabar Church’s Catechetical Commission (SMCC) and the Syro Malabar Mission (SYMM) office, an online Bible Quiz program called Mission Quest will be held on Sunday, October 30th at 6:00 pm (Indian Standard Time). Please share it with your church groups. Please see the attached brochures for more information about this online program. To access the flyer, please click the link: Malayalam Mission Quest & English Mission Quest.
(Please note that the Diocesan Dei Verbum Bible Quiz competition will be held as scheduled on December 4th)
Fr. George Danavelil (Director) & Fr. Joby Joseph (Assistant Director)
Department of Faith Formation
8. Housekeeping Updates
Please refrain from stapling or sticking any flyers on parish hall walls or glass doors. We expect your understanding in this matter.
9. The 3rd Diocesan Dei Verbum Competition ( Bible quiz)
For details, click the link Diocesan Dei Verbum Bible Quiz 2023
10. Inter Parish Talent Fest (IPTF) 2023
Our parish is set to host IPTF in July, 2023. The General Coordinator will be Charly Angadicheril along with the Assistant Coordinators, Jeevan James & Janet Josey.
11. The Sacrament of Marriage
Young adults planning to get married, please register for the Marriage Preparation Course.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for the registration.
For more details, please contact:
Fr. Paul Chalissery (919) 749-7175
Mr. Jose Prakash (954) 540-7286
Those who are planning to get married need to contact achan at least 6 months before the marriage, especially if either party belongs to a non-Catholic Christian Community.
12. Mathru Jyothis
All mothers are welcome to help and support this ministry. To help with Mathru Jyothis activities, please contact:
Lisa Kochuparambil: (214) 336-4340
Sherly Shaji: (214) 287-2051
Enat Earnest: (469) 688-0201
Ancy Mathew: (972) 953-6369
13. Parish Hall Repair and Renovation Updates
As per the decisions made during the General Body meeting on July 24th, the following areas of work will be repaired and renovated:
- Parish Hall exterior and interior painting
- Roof leak repair
- Kitchen remodeling
- Restrooms repair (both upstairs and downstairs)
Work began on Monday, August 22nd. To help fund the cost of this project, each family is encouraged to give $500. Please write in the memo “Parish hall repair”. We need your prayers and financial support.
14. Adult Bible Study
Adult Bible study classes have resumed after a brief pause due to the COVID-19 pandemic. It is now being held every Sunday after the 10:30 am Holy Qurbana in the CCD classroom, which is led by Mr. Mathew (Mathew Sir). Everyone is encouraged to participate.
15. Senior's Ministry
The Seniors' Ministry have resumed their activities. Anyone who is 55 years old and above are welcome to join this ministry.
A 3-day camping event has been scheduled for the group on October 14th - 16th.
Venue: Sheppard Air Force Base, Whitesboro, TX, near Lake Texoma.
16. Sacrament of Holy Communion and Confession for the Home Bound
The Sacrament of Holy Communion and Confession are available for those parishioners who would like to receive, but are unable to attend mass due to injury, illness or advanced age. Please put in a written request in the log book kept in the trustee's parish office.
17. House blessings, Baptism & Marriage Information
If you are interested in scheduling a Baptism, Marriage, House blessing or would like to get a certificate/letter, please put in a written request in the log book kept in the trustee's office. Please include the date, time of request, your address, and phone number.
18. Access to Church, Parish Hall, CCD Rooms & Founder's Building
To access/use the Church, Parish Hall, CCD Rooms or the Founder's Building, please put in a written request in the log book kept in the trustee's office. Please include the date, time of request, your address, and phone number.
19. Include Registration Number to write checks to the church
Please include your church registration number in the check as part of the memo when you write checks to the church. The registration number for your family is available in the October 2021 statement that was sent to you. If you still do not know your registration number, please contact James achan or the trustees.
20. Church Bookings
For church bookings, non-parishioners will be able to book the church 12 months in advance of their event date based on availability. Parishioners on the other hand will be able to book any time prior to their event based on availability.
21. Address, Phone number or Email Change
If your address has changed, please contact your ward Representatives/Secretary/Trustees/Parish Vicar via text message or email to change the address in the church database.
If your phone number/email or spouse's phone number/email changes, please provide the new contact information to update the church directory.
Emails: Vicar@syromalabarchurchdallas.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
22. Prayer Ministry
If you have a prayer request, please contact the prayer ministry leaders, Mary and Michael Kallarackal, at (201) 563-0727. Everyone is welcome to join the prayer ministry and also to be part of the intercessory prayer sessions. Please contact the prayer ministry leaders if you would like to join the ministry.
God Bless You
Fr. James Nirappel
Church Main Office (972) 240-1100
Jimmy Mathew (972) 951-7304
Charly Angadicheril (817) 296-8255
Tomy Joseph (469) 951-6639
Jeevan James (972) 375-8763
Parish Council Secretary & Asst. Secretary:
Molly Varghese (214) 912-7663
Janet Josey (Asst. Secretary) (551) 482-5529
Jose Paul (972) 589-0434
Fr. James Nirappel (443) 414-2250