1. Holy Qurbana
8:30 am: Holy Qurbana in Malayalam
8:30 am: CCD
10:30 am: Holy Qurbana in English
St. Sebastian's Feast Day is Sunday, January 15th
Tuesday to Thursday: Holy Qurbana at 8:30 am
Friday: Adoration at 6:00 pm followed by the St. Jude Novena and Holy Qurbana at 7:00 pm.
Saturday: Holy Qurbana at 8:30 am followed by the Novena to our Mother of Perpetual Help
Note: Those attending Holy Qurbana are requested to follow CDC guidelines to protect yourselves and others.
- Holy Qurbana Offering Book: Please note that there is a book kept in the church narthex which is to be used only for writing Holy Qurbana intentions. Please write legibly the intention for Holy Qurbana along with the contact person's name, phone number and what date it is to be offered. Please contact achan with any questions or concerns.
2. January Highlights
- St. Sebastian's Feast: We will be celebrating St. Sebastian's Feast on Sunday, January 15th.
- CCD Mid-Term Exams: This year's CCD Mid-Term Exam for our children will be on Sunday, January 15th.
- Achan's Vacation: Achan will be in India from January 15th through February 16th. If anyone needs any letter from him, please do so before January 14th.
- IPTF Updates: We had the IPTF Talent Scan kick-off with CCD students on Sunday, January 8th at 9:45 am in the parish hall. Parents, please encourage and support your children to participate in this event.
- Please click the link to see details about IPTF event dates & coordinators for each event along with guidelines.
- IPTF Announcements
- Annual Diocesan Appeal: We have received envelopes for the Diocesan appeal from our diocese. Please consider supporting our diocese.
- Marriage Preparation Course (in-person) from February 24th - 26th. Please click the link to view details: Marriage Prep Course
- Dei Verbum Bible Quiz Semi-final: Congratulations to all the children and adults who got through to the Semi-final level. Please click the link to view the list: Semi-finalists
- Please click the link for more information pertaining to the Semi-Final Quiz
- To register for CCD: Please click on the following link: CCD Enrollment
- Donut Sponsors for CCD students: This is a great opportunity to celebrate your CCD child's birthday or any special occasion. There is a sign-up sheet in the parish hall. For a contribution of $200 for one Sunday, you can provide the kids with their favorite donuts. Thanks to all those who have already sponsored.
4. 2023 Overview
- Youth camp will be held from March 10th - 13th at 576 Sabine Creek Ranch, Royse City, TX 75189. Please mark your calendars.
- Lenten Retreat will be led by Fr. Mathew Asariparambil for all parishioners from March 24th - 26th. Please plan to attend and get enriched spiritually.
- First Holy Communion will be held on Saturday, May 13th, which will be presided by Bishop Emeritus Jacob Angadiath. Parents, please mark your calendars.
- Dei Verbum Diocesan Bible Quiz: The Semi-Finals for the Dei Verbum Diocesan Bible Quiz will be held on Saturday, February 11th. Finals will be held on Saturday, May 20th.
- Inter Parish Talent Fest (IPTF): Our parish is set to host IPTF in July (14th-16th).
1. Guadalupe, Mexico City from February 15th - 18th.
2. Holy Land, Jordan, Israel and Egypt from April 16th - 28th.
3. Footsteps of St. Paul (Greece and Turkey) from April 30th to May 14th.
4. East Europe and Medjugorje from May 19th - 31st.
A Catholic priest will be accompanying each pilgrimage. Contact person: Mathew Thomas (Jose) at (214) 714-0833.
5. Safe Environment Weekly News: It's all about the behavior
You may be familiar with this core message of the Protecting God's Children® Program: “It's all about the behavior”. There is a reason this statement is repeated throughout the program; it's an important one and can take some explaining. Please click the link to read the article
It's all about behavior
6. Housekeeping Updates
Please refrain from stapling or sticking any flyers on parish hall walls or glass doors. We expect your understanding in this matter.
7. The 3rd Diocesan Dei Verbum Competition (Bible quiz)
For details, click the link: Dei Verbum Bible Quiz 2023
8. Diploma Course in Theology
Didache Course: This is a beautiful opportunity to grow and learn different aspects of our Catholic faith. It is a 2 year online course. Those who are interested, please contact: Silvy Cham, Joel Kuzhippillil or Elizabeth Antony (Deena). Click the link to view the flyer: Didache flyer
9. The Sacrament of Marriage
Young adults planning to get married, please register for the Marriage Preparation Course.
Marriage Preparation Course (in-person) from February 24th - 26th, please click the link to view details: In-Person Marriage Prep Course
Please email email@example.com for the registration.
For more details, please contact:
Fr. Paul Chalissery (919) 749-7175
Mr. Jose Prakash (954) 540-7286
Those who are planning to get married need to contact achan at least 6 months before the marriage, especially if either party belongs to a non-Catholic Christian Community.
Parishon.net: Per our diocese's recommendation, we are going to implement a new software portal called "Parishon.net" in 2023 for all our parish needs such as accounting, records management, letters, payments, etc. Tomichen Kallarackal (Thomas P. Thomas) has agreed to help in 2023 for accounting. Bobby Johnson has agreed to work on Parishon.net along with Parish Council member Raju Kattady and others; Elsa Rajo, Jilly Olickal, Jeevan James and Jibin Gigi will assist with data collection for Parishon.net.
Our present accountant, Cyriac Thomas will render any help he can provide till March. Parish council members will be helping with the implementation, but we will need more volunteers to support this software. Those who are interested to volunteer, please contact achan at the earliest as we are planning to start in January.
11. Mathru Jyothis
All mothers are welcome to help and support this ministry. To help with Mathru Jyothis activities, please contact:
Lisa Kochuparambil: (214) 336-4340
Sherly Shaji: (214) 287-2051
Enat Earnest: (469) 688-0201
Ancy Mathew: (972) 953-6369
12. Parish Hall Repair and Renovation Updates
As per the decisions made during the General Body meeting on July 24th, the following areas of work have been thus far repaired and renovated:
- Parish Hall exterior and interior painting
- Roof leak repair
- Kitchen remodeling
- Restrooms repair (both upstairs and downstairs)
Work began on Monday, August 22nd. To help fund the cost of this project, each family is encouraged to give $500. Please write in the memo “Parish hall repair”. We need your prayers and financial support.
13. Adult Bible Study:
Adult Bible Study classes are held every Sunday at 10:00 am in the CCD classroom which is led by Mr. Mathew (Mathew Sir). Everyone is encouraged to participate.
14. Senior's Ministry
The Seniors' Ministry have resumed their activities. Anyone who is 55 years old and above are welcome to join this ministry. Please contact James Thomas at (214) 991-7640, Jokutty (214) 507-9892, Elcy Philip (214) 418-3431 or Annamma Paul (214) 802-3386.
15. Sacrament of Holy Communion and Confession for the Home Bound
The Sacrament of Holy Communion and Confession are available for those parishioners who would like to receive, but are unable to attend mass due to injury, illness or advanced age. Please put in a written request in the log book kept in the trustee's parish office.
16. House blessings, Baptism & Marriage Information
If you are interested in scheduling a Baptism, Marriage, House blessing or would like to get a certificate/letter, please put in a written request in the log book kept in the trustee's office. Please include the date, time of request, your address, and phone number.
17. Access to Church, Parish Hall, CCD Rooms & Founder's Building
To access/use the Church, Parish Hall, CCD Rooms or the Founder's Building, please put in a written request in the log book kept in the trustee's office. Please include the date, time of request, your address, and phone number.
18. Include Registration Number to write checks to the church
Please include your church registration number in the check as part of the memo when you write checks to the church. The registration number for your family is available in the October 2021 statement that was sent to you. If you still do not know your registration number, please contact James achan or the trustees.
19. Church Bookings
For church bookings, non-parishioners will be able to book the church 12 months in advance of their event date based on availability. Parishioners on the other hand will be able to book any time prior to their event based on availability.
20. Address, Phone number or Email Change
If your address has changed, please contact your ward Representatives/Secretary/Trustees/Parish Vicar via text message or email to change the address in the church database.
If your phone number/email or spouse's phone number/email changes, please provide the new contact information to update the church directory.
Emails: Vicar@syromalabarchurchdallas.org, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
21. Prayer Ministry
If you have a prayer request, please contact the prayer ministry leaders, Mary and Michael Kallarackal, at (201) 563-0727. Everyone is welcome to join the prayer ministry and also to be part of the intercessory prayer sessions. Please contact the prayer ministry leaders if you would like to join the ministry.
Our church has $25,500.00 typically in monthly expenses. Please consider the expenses when you make your monthly donations. The minimum suggested donation per family is $100/month and for those who have retired, the suggested donation is $50/month.
God Bless You
Fr. James Nirappel
Church Main Office (972) 240-1100
Jimmy Mathew (972) 951-7304
Charly Angadicheril (817) 296-8255
Tomy Joseph (469) 951-6639
Jeevan James (972) 375-8763
Parish Council Secretary & Asst. Secretary:
Molly Varghese (214) 912-7663
Janet Josey (Asst. Secretary) (551) 482-5529
Jose Paul (972) 589-0434
Fr. James Nirappel (443) 414-2250