Weekly Announcements from St. Thomas the Apostle Syro Malabar Forane Catholic Church, Dallas, Texas.
1. Holy Qurbana Schedule change on Sunday, November 14th and Monday, November 15th
- There will be NO 7:00 am Holy Qurbana on Sunday, November 14th.
- There will be NO 8:30 am Holy Qurbana on Monday, November 15th.
2. Solemn First Holy Communion on April 30th
Next year's solemn First Holy Communion will be celebrated on April 30th, 2022.
3. 2021 Annual Pledge
The letter with your year to date contributions to the church was sent last week. If you haven't received it, please contact the Trustees. If your spouse's name is missing in the statement, please contact the parish office. If you are not registered in our church, you will not be receiving a statement. Please contact James achan to register.
Please give your annual pledge or yearly contributions to the church by the end of December. Even if you haven't pledged this year, please send your contribution. The church has monthly expenses which include a bank loan, utility bills, maintenance costs (church, parish hall, rectory and surroundings), clergy expenses and insurance. In order for us to meet these expenses, a monthly contribution of $100 per registered family is humbly requested. If you have any financial difficulty in contributing, feel free to contact James achan.
4. In-person CCD starting on Sunday, January 9th
CCD will be in-person (in the parish hall) starting on Sunday, January 9th, 2022.
5. Safe Environment Training
There will be a safe environment training for children on Sundays: 14th and 28th. A safe environment training for children and a training for IPSF volunteers was conducted on November 7th.
6. Ecumenical Christmas Carol
The 2021 Ecumenical Christmas carol will be on Saturday, December 4th at 5 pm at the CSI Congregation of Dallas in Garland. Those who are interested to participate, please contact Mr. Vincent Valiaveetil.
7. Parish Hall Police Monitoring during events
The safety of hosts and participants during the events in the parish hall was discussed during the Parish Council meetings on August 15th and October 10th. Based on the discussion, there will be police monitoring during events.
8. Parish Council Meeting on November 21st
There will be a parish council meeting on November 21st. All parish council members are requested to attend.
9. Dei-Verbum (Diocesan Bible Quiz) - Coordinators
We will be having a Diocesan Bible Quiz (Dei-Verbum) this year. All CCD students from 4th Grade and up are expected to participate.
The Bible Quiz Coordinators are Jeevan James and Silvy Cham for the Adult and CCD children categories respectively.
1. Sub-Junior (Grades 4 - 6)
2. Junior (Grades 7 - 8)
3. Senior (Grades 9 - 12)
4. Adult (College Youth and Adults)
Books (for all groups)
Parish Level: Gospel of Luke
Semi-Final: Gospel of Luke & Letter to Romans
Diocesan Level: Gospel of Luke, Letter to Romans & The Book of Revelation
Bible Quiz Dates
Parish Level: Sunday, December 5th, 2021
Semi-Final: Saturday, February 5th, 2022
Diocesan Level: Saturday, April 23rd, 2022
Adult Bible Quiz
The adult group can choose either the English or Malayalam version of the quiz at all three levels. The English Bible Quiz is based on The New American Bible, Revised Edition (NABRE) whereas the Malayalam Quiz is based on the POC Malayalam Bible.
Note: The Malayalam Quiz option is only available to the adult group.
10. Inter Parish Sports Festival
The registration for IPSF has begun. Please register at the link below:
11. Appreciation for medical and paramedical professionals - November 28th
The medical and paramedical professionals of our parish who have been serving our community during the Covid-19 pandemic will be appreciated and honored on November 28th during the 8:30 am Holy Qurbana. All medical and paramedical professionals are requested to attend this Qurbana. The Holy Qubana will be dedicated along with a special blessing for them.
12. Our 10 year Church Consecration Anniversary Celebration
Bishop Mar Jacob Angadiath will be celebrating Holy Qurbana at our parish on Sunday, December 12th as a celebration for the 10th year anniversary of our church consecration. The couples who are celebrating 25, 40 and 50 years of wedding anniversaries will also be recognized on this day. The names of the couples are published in the Narthex. If there are any corrections needed for the names, please contact James achan.
50th Wedding Anniversary:
1. Joseph Prakuzhy and Ammal Prakuzhy - April 23rd, 1970
2. Ephreme Sunny and Alice Sunny - March 18th, 1971
40th Wedding Anniversary:
1. Alex and Rose Kainikara - June 21st, 1981
2. Kuncheria and Mariamma Kainikara - June 18th, 1981
25th Wedding Anniversary:
1. Baby Ozhukayil and Jais Abraham - September 2nd, 1995
2. Johnny Sebastian and Mini Sebastian - September 11th, 1995
3. Jestine Mathew and Rigy Mathew - April 24th, 1996
4. Gijo Arancheril & Jiji Gijo - July 22nd, 1996
5. Paul and Lincy Edattukaran - August 19th, 1996
6. Thomas Joseph & Shirly Thomas Puthenveettil – November 28th, 1996
7. Bijus Joseph & Sheena Joseph – November 28th, 1996
13. Marriage Preparation Course (Pre-Cana) 2021
This year's last Pre-Marriage Course will be from Friday, December 10th - Sunday, December 12th.
For more details, please send an email to email@example.com
Fr. Paul Chalissery (919) 749-7175
Mr. Jose Prakash (954) 540-7286
14. Sunday Holy Qurbana Schedule - 8:30 am and 10:30 am Holy Qurbanas will be live streamed
During this Covid-19 pandemic, there will be an additional Holy Qurbana on Sundays at 7:00 am.
Sunday Holy Qurbana Schedule:
8:30 am: Holy Qurbana in Malayalam
10:30 am: Holy Qurbana in English
8:30 am and 10:30 am Holy Qurbanas will be live streamed.
Note: Those attending Holy Qurbana are required to follow social distancing guidelines, wear masks and sanitize their hands inside the church.
15. Church Bookings
For church bookings, non-parishioners will be able to book the church 12 months in advance of their event date based on availability. Parishioners on the other hand will be able to book any time prior to their event based on availability.
16. Address, Phone number or Email Change
If your address has changed, please contact your ward Representatives/Secretary/Trustees/Parish Vicar via text message or email to change the address in the church database.
If your phone number/email or spouse's phone number/email changes, please provide the new contact information to update the church directory.
Emails: Vicar@syromalabarchurchdallas.org, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
17. Year of St. Joseph from Dec. 8th, 2020 - Dec. 8th, 2021
Pope Francis announced a special year dedicated to St. Joseph starting from December 8, 2020 until December 8, 2021, on the occasion of the 150th anniversary of the proclamation of St. Joseph as the Patron of the Universal Church, as well as the Solemnity of the Immaculate Conception of Our Lady.
18. Prayer Ministry
If you have a prayer request, please contact the prayer ministry leaders, Mary and Michael Kallarackal at (201) 563-0727. Everyone is welcome to join the prayer ministry and also to be part of the intercessory prayer sessions. Please contact the prayer ministry leaders if you would like to join the ministry.
God Bless You.
Fr. James Nirappel