1. October 2023 Updates
- October 20th - 29th: 10-day Rosary and Holy Qurbana. Click the link to view the schedule
- We will be celebrating St. Jude's Feast on Friday, October 27th at 7:00 pm
- Frisco Syro Malabar Mission - Bishop Mar Joy Alappatt will be inaugurating the Frisco Syro Malabar Mission at St. Francis of Assisi Catholic Church on Saturday, October 28th at 6:30 pm.
- 2024 -2025 New Parish Council: It is time to form a new Parish Council for 2024-25. The nomination form is available in the trustees' office. Those who are interested, please collect the form and submit it to James achan by 6:00 pm on October 31st. South Garland, Sunnyvale and Murphy (including Murphy, Wylie and Sachse) wards will have 2 representatives (one male and one female) from each ward. The other wards such as North & South Mesquite, North Garland (including North Garland and Richardson), Rowlett, Plano (including Frisco) and Arlington will have one representative from each ward.
- Thanks to all who participated in the opinion survey.
2. Upcoming Events
- Saturday, November 11th: There will be a teacher's training program from 9:30 am to 4:30 pm.
- Saturday, November 25th: The New Parishioners Gathering will be held on Saturday, November 25th at 5:00 pm. All members, who have registered since November 2022- 2023 are invited to join this gathering. Please contact the trustees before November 12th.
- Diocesan High School Youth Conference (Torch) from December 26th - 29th in Houston.
- Marriage Prep Courses: Fr. John Melepuram, Diocesan Family Apostolate Director - (215) 808-4052
- December 1st - 3rd in New York. For more details, please contact:
- Mr. Boban: (631) 553-6617
- Fr. Johnsty Thachara: (630) 202-2989
- December 15th - 17th in Houston. For more details, please contact:
- Mr. Tomy Arackal: (713) 398-0567
- Fr. Johnykutty Pulissery: (916) 803-5307
- March 15th - 17th, 2024 in Dallas. For more details, please contact:
- Jokutty & Nancy: (214) 507-9892
- Fr. James Nirappel: (443) 414-2250
- For individuals seeking registered marriage, either here or in India for visa purposes, it is necessary to obtain prior approval from the Bishop of the diocese as per the Bishop's Synod directive. Please contact your vicar.
3. IPSF 2024: Inter Parish Sports Festival
- IPSF 2024 in Houston: Cherian Churanadu and Biji Edward have been appointed as coordinators for IPSF.
- IPSF Registration: All those who are interested to register for church level completions, please click the IPSF Registration link.
- There is an IPSF sign-up sheet in the narthex for volunteering.
- We have an upcoming Food sale to raise funds for IPSF, please support.
4. Eucharistic Revival Updates
To view the monthly Newsletter and Zoom meeting link, please click here.
5. Safe Environment Updates
Positive experiences promote development and wellness among children and adolescents. Parents and professionals alike have long recognized youth participation in sports as a potentially positive experience, especially regarding physical, social and emotional development.
Please click the link to view the article: Keeping youth safe in sports
6. Additional Church related information
Mathru Jyothis, Senior Ministry, Adult Bible Study, Prayer Ministry, Church and Hall Bookings, Sacraments for home bound, etc. Please click the link to view additional church information.
God Bless You
Fr. James Nirappel
Church Main Office (972) 240-1100
Jimmy Mathew (972) 951-7304
Charly Angadicheril (817) 296-8255
Tomy Joseph (469) 951-6639
Jeevan James (972) 375-8763
Parish Council Secretary & Asst. Secretary:
Molly Varghese (214) 912-7663
Janet Josey (Asst. Secretary) (551) 482-5529
Jose Paul (972) 589-0434
Fr. James Nirappel (443) 414-2250