1. Holy Qurbana
There will be no Holy Qurbana from Monday, September 26th through Thursday, September 29th, as there is a priests' meeting and retreat.
Fr. Wilson Vattaparambil will celebrate Holy Qurbana on Friday and Saturday, as James achan is in Chicago to attend the meeting, retreat and installation of Bishop Mar Joy Alappat. Sorry for the inconvenience. Please keep James achan and all the priests in your prayers.
2. September Highlights
- So far we have received $2,766.00 towards expenses for the installation of Bishop Mar Joy Alappat. Thank you for your support.
- We have finished painting the parish hall inside and outside, renovated the upstairs & downstairs restrooms and fixed leaks in the hall. We are awaiting additional pending works for the custom kitchen sink and glass windows.
- So far we have received $36,200.00 from 82 families towards the Parish Hall Renovation and Repair Project. We appreciate and thank your generosity. We look forward to all the parishioners' active participation in meeting the expenses. Those who would like to pay in installments are welcome.
3. October Highlights
- The Episcopal Installation of Mar Joy Alappat will be on October 1st at 9:00 am as the second Bishop of the Chicago Syro Malabar Diocese, along with the retirement of Mar Jacob Angadiath after 21 years of service. Please pray for the success of this event.
- There will be a young adults meeting at 12:00 pm on Sunday, October 2nd after the second Holy Qurbana in the parish hall. All young adults are welcome to join. Please contact: Jeevan James (972) 375-8763, Leslie Thomas (214) 709-3664 or Jiben Gigi (214) 815-9903.
- 10 day Rosary from October 21st - 30th.
- CML Platinum Jubilee Celebration will be held at St. Alphonsa Church, Coppell on Saturday, October 22nd.
- We will celebrate Mission Sunday on Sunday, October 23rd.
- Online Mission Quest Bible Quiz will be held on Sunday, October 30th at 6:00 pm IST, under the guidance of the Major Archiepiscopal Curia of the Syro Malabar Church.
4. Safe Environment Weekly News: Virtual Boundaries
Our lives are made up of a series of relationships - including relationships between family members, colleagues, peers, acquaintances, mentors, friends and others. Every healthy relationship requires a series of boundaries, which can be imagined as lines that separate one person from another. Boundaries can be physical, emotional, behavioral and spiritual, and they differ depending on the relationship and that relationship's context. Considering that more than ever, people are using technology to work, communicate, visit and even distance learn; many questions surface about how to maintain appropriate boundaries, particularly those between adults interacting with minors, and how to monitor everything.
To access this week's news, please click on the link: Virtual Boundaries
5. Major Archiepiscopal Mission Quest Bible Quiz
Greetings from the Department of Faith Formation!
Under the auspices of the Major Archiepiscopal Curia of the Syro Malabar Church’s Catechetical Commission (SMCC) and the Syro Malabar Mission (SYMM) office, an online Bible Quiz program called Mission Quest will be held on Sunday, October 30th at 6:00 pm (Indian Standard Time). Please share it with your church groups. Please see the attached brochures for more information about this online program. To access the flyer, please click the link: Malayalam Mission Quest & English Mission Quest.
(Please note that the Diocesan Dei Verbum Bible Quiz competition will be held as scheduled on December 4th)
Fr. George Danavelil (Director) & Fr. Joby Joseph (Assistant Director)
Department of Faith Formation
6. Housekeeping updates
Please refrain from stapling or sticking any flyers on parish hall walls or glass doors. We expect your understanding in this matter.
7. The 3rd Diocesan Dei Verbum Competition (Bible Quiz)
For details, click the link Diocesan Dei Verbum Bible Quiz 2023
8. Inter Parish Talent Fest (IPTF) 2023
Our parish is set to host IPTF in July 2023. The General Coordinator will be Charly Angadicheril along with the Assistant Coordinators, Jeevan James & Janet Josey.
9. The Sacrament of Marriage
Upcoming Marriage Preparation Course. It’s an ONLINE Program.
Dates: Friday, October 7th through Sunday, October 9th.
Young adults planning to get married, please register for the Marriage Preparation Course.
Please email email@example.com for the registration.
For more details, please contact:
Fr. Paul Chalissery (919) 749-7175
Mr. Jose Prakash (954) 540-7286
Those who are planning to get married need to contact achan at least 6 months before the marriage, especially if either party belongs to a non-Catholic Christian Community.
10. 2023 Highlights
- Please mark your calendars as we will hold a high school and youth camp from March 10th - 13th, 2023 at 576 Sabine Creek Ranch, Royse City, TX 75189.
- Dei Verbum Diocesan Bible Quiz: Semi-Finals will be on Saturday, February 11th, 2023 and Finals on Saturday, May 20th, 2023.
- IPTF will be in July 2023.
11. Mathru Jyothis
All mothers are welcome to help and support this ministry. To help with Mathru Jyothis activities, please contact:
Lisa Kochuparambil: (214) 336-4340
Sherly Shaji: (214) 287-2051
Enat Earnest: (469) 688-0201
Ancy Mathew: (972) 953-6369
12. Parish Hall Repair and Renovation Updates
As per the decisions made during the General Body meeting on July 24th, the following areas of work will be repaired and renovated:
- Parish Hall exterior and interior painting
- Roof leak repair
- Kitchen remodeling
- Restrooms repair (both upstairs and downstairs)
Work began on Monday, August 22nd. To help fund the cost of this project, each family is encouraged to give $500. Please write in the memo “Parish hall repair”. We need your prayers and financial support.
13. Adult Bible Study
Adult Bible study classes have resumed after a brief pause due to the COVID-19 pandemic. It is now being held every Sunday after the 10:30 am Holy Qurbana in the CCD classroom, which is led by Mr. Mathew (Mathew Sir). Everyone is encouraged to participate.
14. Seniors' Ministry
The Seniors' Ministry have resumed their activities. Anyone who is 55 years old and above are welcome to join this ministry.
A 3-day camping event has been scheduled for the group on October 14th - 16th.
Venue: Sheppard Air Force Base, Whitesboro, TX, near Lake Texoma.
15. Sacrament of Holy Communion and Confession for the home bound
The Sacrament of Holy Communion and Confession are available for those parishioners who would like to receive, but are unable to attend mass due to injury, illness or advanced age. Please put in a written request in the log book kept in the trustee's parish office.
16. House blessings, Baptism & Marriage Information
If you are interested in scheduling a Baptism, Marriage, House blessing or would like to get a certificate/letter, please put in a written request in the log book kept in the trustee's office. Please include the date, time of request, your address, and phone number.
17. Access to Church, Parish Hall, CCD rooms & Founder's building
To access/use the church, parish hall, CCD rooms or the Founder's building, please put in a written request in the log book kept in the trustee's office. Please include the date, time of request, your address, and phone number.
18. Include Registration Number to write checks to the church
Please include your church registration number in the check as part of the memo when you write checks to the church. The registration number for your family is available in the October 2021 statement that was sent to you. If you still do not know your registration number, please contact James achan or the trustees.
19. Church Bookings
For church bookings, non-parishioners will be able to book the church 12 months in advance of their event date based on availability. Parishioners on the other hand will be able to book any time prior to their event based on availability.
20. Address, Phone number, or Email Change
If your address has changed, please contact your ward Representatives/Secretary/Trustees/Parish Vicar via text message or email to change the address in the church database.
If your phone number/email or spouse's phone number/email changes, please provide the new contact information to update the church directory.
Emails: Vicar@syromalabarchurchdallas.org, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
21. Prayer Ministry
If you have a prayer request, please contact the prayer ministry leaders, Mary and Michael Kallarackal, at (201) 563-0727. Everyone is welcome to join the prayer ministry and also to be part of the intercessory prayer sessions. Please contact the prayer ministry leaders if you would like to join the ministry.
God Bless You
Fr. James Nirappel
Church Main Office (972) 240-1100
Jimmy Mathew (972) 951-7304
Charly Angadicheril (817) 296-8255
Tomy Joseph (469) 951-6639
Jeevan James (972) 375-8763
Parish Council Secretary & Asst. Secretary:
Molly Varghese (214) 912-7663
Janet Josey (Asst. Secretary) (551) 482-5529
Jose Paul (972) 589-0434
Fr. James Nirappel (443) 414-2250