1. Holy Qurbana
8:30 am: Holy Qurbana in Malayalam
10:30 am: Holy Qurbana in English
Tuesday through Thursday: Holy Qurbana at 8:30 am.
Friday: Eucharistic adoration from 10:00 am to 7:00 pm, followed by St. Jude's Novena and Holy Qurbana. Confessions from 6:05 pm - 6:40 pm.
Saturday: Holy Qurbana at 8:30 am, followed by the Novena to Our Lady of Perpetual Help and Eucharistic adoration till 10:45 am.
Note: Holy Qurbana Intention Request: If you would like to offer Holy Qurbana, there is a Holy Qurbana intention slip kept in the church narthex. Please complete it and submit it to James achan.
2. September 2023 Highlights
- CCD Updates:
- We extend an invitation to anyone interested in becoming altar servers or joining the English Choir to reach out to Sister Maria.
- Ettu Nombu: September 1st - 8th: On Friday, September 8th,which is Mother Mary's birthday, we will begin the Rosary at 4p.m, followed by Holy qurbana at 7 p.m.
- Cherian Churanadu and Biji Edward have been appointed as coordinators for IPSF, additionally, there is an IPSF sign-up sheet in the Narthex for volunteering.
- We require your assistance in filling in the missing information for First Holy Communion and confirmation from the year 2008 to 2019. If anyone possess booklets from their First Holy Communion and Confirmation, please kindly share them with James Achan.
- In accordance with the guidance provided in Bishop Joy's letter, we are convening a General body meeting scheduled for October 8th at 10:15 a.m. The purpose of this meeting is to deliberate on whether we should pursue the parking lot project independently or as a joint endeavor alongside the San Thome project. Opinion survey available, kindly complete and return it by September 30th.
- Please contact the parish office at the earliest if you have an address change or if you are not receiving emails from the church.
- Upcoming Bible courses: Those who are interested, please use the link to view details and to register. Course in September 2023 | Mar Thoma Theologica (marthomatheologicalinstitute.com)
3. Upcoming events
Mark your calendar for the following events:
- We have a Diocesan vocation discernment program in Chicago from September 15th - 17th.
- Parish Picnic on Saturday, October 7th.
- Diocesan High School Youth Conference from December 26th - 29th in Houston.
4. Eucharistic Revival updates
To view the monthly Newsletter and Zoom meeting link, please click here.
5. Safe Environment Updates
One of the best ways we can help children recover from abuse is to listen to them when they disclose sexual abuse to us, to believe them, and to take action by making a report to the authorities. However, it can take time for a child to disclose if they are being abused, and it is often done in stages that we might miss if we aren't paying attention. Please click the link to read this week's article, A Prelude to Outcry
6. Additional Church related information
Mathru Jyothis, Senior Ministry, Adult Bible Study, Prayer Ministry, Church and Hall Bookings, Sacraments for home bound, etc. Please click the link to view additional church information.
God Bless You
Fr. James Nirappel
Church Main Office (972) 240-1100
Jimmy Mathew (972) 951-7304
Charly Angadicheril (817) 296-8255
Tomy Joseph (469) 951-6639
Jeevan James (972) 375-8763
Parish Council Secretary & Asst. Secretary:
Molly Varghese (214) 912-7663
Janet Josey (Asst. Secretary) (551) 482-5529
Jose Paul (972) 589-0434
Fr. James Nirappel (443) 414-2250