1. Holy Qurbana
8:30 am: Only one Holy Qurbana (No CCD)
Tuesday to Thursday: Holy Qurbana at 8:30 am.
40 Hour adoration from Thursday, March 30th at 3:00 am to Friday, March 31st at 7:00 pm, followed by the St. Jude Novena, Holy Qurbana and the Way of the Cross.
Saturday: Holy Qurbana at 8:30 am, followed by the Novena to our Mother of Perpetual Help.
Note: Those attending Holy Qurbana are requested to follow CDC guidelines to protect yourselves and others. Please note that the Holy Qurbana Offering Book kept in the church Narthex should be used only for writing Holy Qurbana intentions. Please clearly state the intention along with the contact person's name, phone number and what date it is to be offered. Kindly contact achan for any questions or concerns.
2. March 2023 Highlights
- 50-day Lenten season - House Blessings during Lent and after Easter: All parishioners are encouraged to contact their ward reps, James achan or write in the parish office log book for house blessings. The sacraments of Holy Communion and Confession are available for those parishioners who would like to receive, but are unable to attend mass due to injury, illness or advanced age.
- 40 hours adoration starting from Thursday, March 30th at 3:00 am till Friday, March 31st at 7:00 pm: Following the adoration, there will be Holy Qurbana and Way of the Cross. A sign-up sheet is available in the church narthex. Parents are encouraged to bring their children to introduce them to the concept of Eucharistic adoration and make a Holy Hour as a family, especially during the Lenten season. Please contact Mathew Thomas (Jose) at (214) 714-0833.
- Senior Parking in front of the church is reserved for those who have difficulty walking. There is an additional 5 parking spaces reserved by the parish hall.
- Parish Hall Booking: To avoid booking conflicts, parishioners are kindly requested to write in the church log book in the parish office with the following details: Name and phone number of the person who is booking along with the requested dates and times. Please confirm in advance with the trustees to make sure your request is approved.
- Holy Week: Those who are interested in sponsoring the Easter flowers, please contact the trustees.
- Oshana Nayar/Palm Sunday, April 2nd: Please note, there is only one Holy Qurbana at 8:30 am. There is no CCD.
- Pesaha Vyazham/Holy Thursday, April 6th: Holy Qurbana will be at 7:00 pm.
- Good Friday, April 7th: 9:00 am silent adoration followed by the 10:00 am service and Way of the Cross.
- Holy Saturday, April 8th: 8:30 am blessing of new water and fire service.
- Easter Vigil Saturday, April 8th: Holy Qurbana will be at 6:00 pm (Please note, there is only one Holy Qurbana).
- Easter Sunday, April 9th: Holy Qurbana will be at 8:30 am.
3. Upcoming events
- Solemn Holy Communion will be held on Saturday, May 13th which will be presided by Bishop Emeritus Jacob Angadiath. Parents, please mark your calendars.
- Dei Verbum 2023 Diocesan Final Bible Quiz will be held on Saturday, May 20th. Please click to view the guidelines for the final Online Bible Quiz.
- Upcoming In-Person Marriage Preparation Course: The Family Apostolate in Chicago has decided to do the Marriage Preparation Course (Pre-Cana) in person in 2023. Our parish is hosting a marriage prep course in August. Please click the link to view the details: Marriage Prep Course
- IPTF 2023 Regional and Talent Scan Updates: Please click the link to view details
4. Safe Environment Weekly News: Undercover as an abuser
Paraphilia is a psychosexual disorder and is not in and of itself a type of child sexual abuse or sexual exploitation. This disorder may or may not involve any type of criminal activity. Some individuals suffering from paraphilia solely engage in fantasy. While very alarming to the public, such fantasies may be legal under our laws, as explained further below. Others having this disorder will act out on their fantasies and sexually abuse a child or multiple children, which is illegal. Please click the link to read the article.
5. Additional Church related information
Please click the link to view additional church information.
God Bless You
Fr. James Nirappel
Church Main Office (972) 240-1100
Jimmy Mathew (972) 951-7304
Charly Angadicheril (817) 296-8255
Tomy Joseph (469) 951-6639
Jeevan James (972) 375-8763
Parish Council Secretary & Asst. Secretary:
Molly Varghese (214) 912-7663
Janet Josey (Asst. Secretary) (551) 482-5529
Jose Paul (972) 589-0434
Fr. James Nirappel (443) 414-2250