Weekly Announcements from St. Thomas the Apostle Syro Malabar Forane Catholic Church, Dallas, Texas.
1. Dei-Verbum (Diocesan Bible Quiz) - Coordinators
We will be having a Diocesan Bible Quiz (Dei-Verbum) this year. All CCD students from 4th Grade and up are expected to participate.
The Bible Quiz Coordinators are Jeevan James and Silvy Cham for the Adult and CCD children categories respectively.
1. Sub-Junior (Grades 4 - 6)
2. Junior (Grades 7 - 8)
3. Senior (Grades 9 - 12)
4. Adult (College Youth and Adults)
Books (for all groups)
Parish Level: Gospel of Luke
Semi-Final: Gospel of Luke & Letter to Romans
Diocesan Level: Gospel of Luke, Letter to Romans & The Book of Revelation
Bible Quiz Dates
Parish Level: Sunday, December 5th, 2021
Semi-Final: Saturday, February 5th, 2022
Diocesan Level: Saturday, April 23rd, 2022
Adult Bible Quiz
The adult group can choose either the English or Malayalam version of the quiz at all three levels. The English Bible Quiz is based on The New American Bible, Revised Edition (NABRE) whereas the Malayalam Quiz is based on the POC Malayalam Bible.
Note: The Malayalam Quiz option is only available to the adult group.
2. Inter Parish Sports Festival
The registration for IPSF has begun. Please register at the link below:
3. Feast of St. Jude on October 29th
We will be celebrating the Feast of St. Jude Thaddeus on Friday, October 29th. The Holy Qurbana will be at 7 pm.
4. First Holy Communion parent's meeting on October 31st
There will be a meeting for the parents of First Holy Communion children (3rd graders) on Sunday, October 31st after the 10:30 am Holy Qurbana. Parents of 3rd graders are requested to attend.
5. Ministries - Officials meeting with Parish Vicar on October 31st
There will be a meeting for current officials of associations/organizations in our chuch on October 31st at 12:15 pm in the chapel. All the officials are requested to attend.
6. Appreciation for medical and paramedical professionals - November 28th
The medical and paramedical professionals of our parish who have been serving our community during the Covid-19 pandemic will be appreciated and honored on November 28th during the 8:30 am Holy Qurbana. All medical and paramedical professionals are requested to attend this Qurbana. The Holy Qubana will be dedicated along with a special blessing for them.
7. Our 10 year Church Consecration Anniversary Celebration
Bishop Mar Jacob Angadiath will be celebrating Holy Qurbana at our parish on Sunday, December 12th as a celebration for the 10th year anniversary of our church consecration. The couples who are celebrating 25, 40 and 50 years of wedding anniversaries will also be recognized on this day. The names of the couples are published in the Narthex. If there are any corrections needed for the names, please contact James achan.
50th Wedding Anniversary:
1. Joseph Prakuzhy and Ammal Prakuzhy - April 23rd, 1970
2. Ephreme Sunny and Alice Sunny - March 18th, 1971
40th Wedding Anniversary:
1. Alex and Rose Kainikara - June 21st, 1981
2. Kuncheria and Mariamma Kainikara - June 18th, 1981
25th Wedding Anniversary:
1. Baby Ozhukayil and Jais Abraham - September 2nd, 1995
2. Johnny Sebastian and Mini Sebastian - September 11th, 1995
3. Jestine Mathew and Rigy Mathew - April 24th, 1996
4. Gijo Arancheril & Jiji Gijo - July 22nd, 1996
5. Paul and Lincy Edattukaran - August 19th, 1996
6. Thomas Joseph & Shirly Thomas Puthenveettil – November 28th, 1996
7. Bijus Joseph & Sheena Joseph – November 28th, 1996
8. Marriage Preparation Course (Pre-Cana) 2021
There will be a Pre-Marriage Course (Pre-Cana) from Friday, November 5th - Sunday, November 7th.
This year's last Pre-Marriage Course will be from Friday, December 10th - Sunday, December 12th.
For more details, please send an email to email@example.com
Fr. Paul Chalissery (919) 749-7175
Mr. Jose Prakash (954) 540-7286
9. Sunday Holy Qurbana Schedule - 8:30 am and 10:30 am Holy Qurbanas will be live streamed
During this Covid-19 pandemic, there will be an additional Holy Qurbana on Sundays at 7:00 am.
Sunday Holy Qurbana Schedule:
7:00 am: Holy Qurbana in Malayalam
8:30 am: Holy Qurbana in Malayalam
10:30 am: Holy Qurbana in English
8:30 am and 10:30 am Holy Qurbanas will be live streamed.
Note: Those attending Holy Qurbana are required to follow social distancing guidelines, wear masks and sanitize their hands inside the church.
10. Church Bookings
For church bookings, non-parishioners will be able to book the church 12 months in advance of their event date based on availability. Parishioners on the other hand will be able to book any time prior to their event based on availability.
11. Address, Phone number or Email Change
If your address has changed, please contact your ward Representatives/Secretary/Trustees/Parish Vicar via text message or email to change the address in the church database.
If your phone number/email or spouse's phone number/email changes, please provide the new contact information to update church directory.
Emails: Vicar@syromalabarchurchdallas.org, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
12. Year of St. Joseph from Dec. 8th, 2020 - Dec. 8th, 2021
Pope Francis announced a special year dedicated to St. Joseph starting from December 8, 2020 until December 8, 2021, on the occasion of the 150th anniversary of the proclamation of St. Joseph as the Patron of the Universal Church, as well as the Solemnity of the Immaculate Conception of Our Lady.
13. Prayer Ministry
If you have a prayer request, please contact the prayer ministry leaders, Mary and Michael Kallarackal at (201) 563-0727. Everyone is welcome to join the prayer ministry and also to be part of the intercessory prayer sessions. Please contact the prayer ministry leaders if you would like to join the ministry.
God Bless You.
Fr. James Nirappel